You can use the Match Segment tool when you are grading and want to create a grading rule on a selected point in the X/Y direction that matches the segment length of the selected segments.
Icon & Location
To use the Match Segment tool:
the Match Segment tool.
The Match Segment dialog appears:
2. Select the segment that contains grading to which you are matching the length. You can select a segment from point to point, by clicking on two points. The selected point is marked with an X. Once you select the segment, the piece name of the segment and the point numbers appear in the Match Segment dialog within the Segment to Match Length area, as follows:
Note: If you want to reselect a segment during the process, click the trash icon (delete) icon, as shown below.
3. Select the segment that needs to be graded.
Once you select the segment, the piece name of the segment and the point
numbers appear within the Segment to
be Graded area, as follows:
Once you have selected the segments, the Point and Direction fields become enabled.
4. In the Point area, select the radio button to determine which point on the selected segment is going to be graded: first or last.
5. In the Direction area, select the direction to match the segment lengths:
· X: The grading is applied to the X direction of the point.
· Y: The grading is applied to the Y direction of the point.
6. Click Ok.
The grading rule is created on the selected point and in the defined direction, in order to match the segment lengths of the selected segments, as follows:
When the Match Segment tool is activated and you select another tool,
a Resume button displays in the
middle of the dialog. Clicking the Resume
button allows you to continue using the tool.